Mixed-Use Applications for Precast Parking Structures
Parking Facility has become a community building type that is used every day. The role that it plays as the entry place to our cities, towns, campuses, and buildings presents opportunities to integrate even more seamlessly into the fabric of the overall built environment. The integration of parking into the evolving mixed-use urban setting, and transportation systems, requires the parking facility to address new expectations regarding function, operation, safety and security.
This session will address areas such as site impact, mixed-use applications, and how to handle heavy loads using the newly developed Northeast Extreme Tee (NEXT) beam.
The NEXT beam was developed for highway bridges but has steadily grown for applications in the building market. Several case studies will be discussed on how the NEXT beam solved requirements for heavy loads such as green roofs, terraces and fire truck loading.
- Length: 1.0 Hour | Credits: AIA HSW 1.0 LU | PDH: 1.0
- Cost: FREE with lunch included.
- Discuss parking structures sustainable integration with the built environment.
- Explain the attributes of the Northeast Extreme Tee (NEXT) bridge beam and applications for the building market.
- Understand how precast parking layouts can work with NEXT Beams.
- Explain several cases studies for mixed use applications.